Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Transformations # 2

"Life in the city has changed me..." T. says in a buzzy cafe we often retreat during peak hours. "I'm not the real me, you know. I'm a different person, one I hate and could harm if push comes to shove! How did we ever come to this! Is this natural progression? Maturity?". While he's talking he holds his spoon in a gentle way like a 'maestro' directing an invisible chamber quartet into a increasingly fading adaggio! "Sometimes when I think about the triviality that surrounds me, the little nothingness that consists of my 'creative' hours at work, I'm certain that there must a be a way out. This can't be it! My life! I became the faceless passer-by I used to -not- notice through this glass, I drift slowly into invisibility even from myself...and the more this transformation devours me the less I tend to resist. The realisation of the change doesn't make me a better man for myself while I seem to become more acceptable as a citizen. I'd never imagined that invisibility would ease my way into society and yet this is what is all about. A vicious circle that transforms people into statistics while rips their soul in order to include them into a gigantic faceless pit where even a supposed individuality is part of this theatrical performance we call modern life..."

(photo by Cyjanopan)

No comments:

Post a Comment