Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Space Between Us

There are things I've never I told you, the travels I've made, the people I've met, the beauty and the ugliness of it all. In the middle of the night as I watch you dreaming I think you are probably better off without all my continuous mumbling of 'life on the road'. You'd probably think I'm making things up and to be honest it all happened some years ago, in a decade we've already passed by almost another one. Sometimes I'm not sure if everything did happen the way I remember them. But if you were awake I'd tell you a little story from Campo Di Marte, outside Florence. A train that never departed, snowflakes dancing in the late night sky, bums smoking what they could find in the waiting room, sounds from Italian pop songs of the 60s coming from who knows where...Through this stillness in time, as dawn finally broke in a frozen platform and the train was slowly leaving the station, I saw you face just as it is now. Deep asleep, in the safety of your house. Just before the engine roar tore this daydream into pieces, a girl is running to catch our coach making no sound as she hops inside. Half asleep and half insane we all continued our disrupted journey heading right to the centre of the blizzard...

(photo by Zakkaliciousness)


No comments:

Post a Comment