Monday, June 18, 2007

The Fight Club

"Stop & Start. Rip it up and start again. Urban paranoia. Endless posing, posturing, sterilisation of the mind. This is a fight, an ongoing struggle between body and mind. With no balance you're just about ready to explode silently into nothingness and stay there for years. The more powerful you get the more insecure you become, unarmed, braindead, unsatisfied, with tired eyes from a rusty visual experience, hidden behind the illusion of safety. The real and only enemy is yourself. The only one that can and will hold you back is you, stuck in the triviality of the moment, a moment that can last forever.
If I only could beat myself and in the hours of need win me, I could break through and escape...Just as the city lights are turning off and the morning comes I can really make it this time and hope it'll last".

(Photo by Steffen Ebert)

No comments:

Post a Comment