Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Heat


"It's one of these Saturdays. So hot you can feel your skin burn, the whole town is ready to explode and no one in sight. Welcome To GhostTown again. You haven't got any plans for tonight so you rush to the supermarket to hide in the air conditioned corridors, buy a beer or something and wander endlessly, catching glimpses of bored to death faces and sad employees. There's a girl with pink hair talking loud on her mobile, an old couple shuffling through the vegetables, an under aged father with a naked baby in hand, his under aged wife a few steps behind checking the expiry dates on some milk cartons. My brother shouts from across the corridor "get some coronas and lemons, grab as much as you want", then I see him checking prices on air ventilators. I don't want to leave the super market, I can't stand the smell of the road melting and the deserted town before me is withering, far from the comfortable emptiness I was glad to witness in the same circumstances last summer. I think the heat is worse than ever. There's a sick atmosphere down here. And vulnerable minds plot their way into evil deeds tonite..."

(photo by Pawel Beniutek)

No comments:

Post a Comment