Sunday, June 17, 2007

KinoEYE

What would Dziga say about our hypermodern kinoEyes? Nothing he didn't experiment with back in the 20s! I see him in every film director, advertiser, photographer, man, woman, child. I see him when I drive around town just as everybody is about to wake up. Up on the roof where old ladies lay their laundry to the sun, in the cafes, in crowded university rooms, in buses, planes, trains and automobiles. I can feel his words coming through my mind "capture life no matter how ordinary it might be". Write about it, film it, talk it senseless with a friend, start a conversation with a passer-by, capture your trivial existence, make something pretentious on film that your unborn children will laugh at someday. Do it, be it! Don't seize the day! Just watch it unfold...

(Video is an excerpt from Dziga Vertov's "The Man With The Movie Camera. Music By The Cinematic Orchestra)


No comments:

Post a Comment