Friday, June 15, 2007

Transformations

It's been so long since I started this journey, I can no longer remember where I'm heading. Just miles and miles of endless roads, bar restaurants, houses, people...Cities change just like I do. Some of them invite me to let go, leave a beard or something, start smoking again. And then I move on to places where I have to wear a tie all day, eat sandwitches with stupid names, attend meetings and kiss drunk girls at awful rooftop parties. "Hey, I think I've seen that face before. Here. Maybe somewhere else". The sunrise find me with a glass of wine in my hand, in a house I don't recognise, in a city I don't remember with some people I can't recall their names. There's a mirror on my bathroom I haven't looked at for days. And I wear a sticker badge on my shoulder with my name on it. "Is this the city I don't have to shave?".
Buildings start to change shape, people start to look the same, my face gets rougher and the old lady at the first floor who used to look at me with a funny frown when I first came stopped noticing when I'm moving up the stairs...I think...I'm becoming one with the surroundings...

(Video: Some Kind of Kink by Red Snapper)

1 comment:

  1. "Rising in the morning to speak to you
    Beneath the feet of the city..."
    You know what i'm talking about..."Jumbo" and all that. Such and amazing song, you should try and fit it in your blog. I'm sure you know!

    ReplyDelete